Wednesday 30 September 2015

A Crowd Funding Appeal

I am seeking funds to work on and do research in the field of psychonautic music (music that takes the listener on a journey with in their mind). The music that I am trying to create when I first began to hear it in my mind and wanted to create it was impossible to create because the technology was not around at the time. This was back in the early 1980s. Yes I am older and I have been working towards creating this music bit by bit, piece by piece over the years with quite a few set backs.

Both of my parents had health problems, my mother had Parkinson's Disease and I took care of her for 12 years after my father passed away. After my mother's passing I moved to Canada after I married a Canadian at which point all of the music I had released on MP3 dot com went poof when that site folded. My wife and I purchased an acreage and tried to live a simpler life while we worked on our art and I worked on my music working at other jobs to fund that and our farm. Over time I have worked on things and recently started to get things back up for sale, within the last 4 months, had a few sales, however I just lost my day job.


Losing my day job is a major set back in the creation of music and more importantly the promotion of my music. I feel that my music is important and that it will be beneficial to the world. I work in a variety of styles, yet all with an underlying theme of it being psychonautic. These styles are Classical, Jazz, Indian Classical, Industrial, New Age, Ambient, and Dance Music. Within these formats I work with 3D spatial processing (making the sound move around the listeners with or without head phones). In the 3D spatial processing I use sacred geometry patterns as the path around the listener. I work with the morphing of different sounds, micro-tonality, isochronic tones, binaural and monaural beats, and incorporate radionic and psionic principles into the music, alternative sound file tunings (such as A432, A444/C528 Solfeggio Tuning).  

I am seeking funds to aid in living expenses while I work on and promote this music, purchasing of new equipment for production, of and testing of music and its effects on the listener, and for promotion of the music. Samples of the music can be found on this site. Purchases of music from this site would help a lot as well. Also if any one will just share a few links to the sales pages of music that would be appreciated greatly as well. There are donation links in the side bar and you will be able to see and hear what you have donated to as it will all be posted on this site.

Thank You
Mark Gordon Brown
Five Spiders Media


No comments:

Post a Comment